Thursday, March 13, 2008

Why Blogging Has Been Light of Late

The Monday before last I took an amazing job at the Metropolitan Opera Guild, which has been keeping me awfully busy and not leaving me much time for blogging.

It's great to work at the Guild, right across the street from the Met, but I'm afraid that, except for uncontroversial comments, the Met is going to have to be off-limits as a blog subject for me.

As an example of what kind of Met-related post I might write: let me extend best-of-luck wishes to Gary Lehman, who is going to sing Tristan tomorrow night in place of the still-indisposed Ben Heppner. I've never heard him live, but his audio clips are enjoyable, and I hope he does a great job.

Many thanks to my loyal readers for their patience, and I hope to be back on the usual blog pace soon.